Dress: Forever 21 Shoes: Steve Madden Earrings: Forever 21 Lipstick: Revlon Ring: David Yurman
Oh hey, 2019!
I always say, “it’s a new year & it’s time for change” but never really strive to do so. This year I wanted to set some goals and reflect on my past year. I have been feeling a little down lately and not so much myself. I want to do more, find my purpose, and be happier in the upcoming year.
A few of my goals for 2019
- More self care. I feel like this helps everyone feel a little better about themselves. When you feel good about yourself, it helps you to keep striving to be the best version of yourself.
- Eat healthier & workout 5x a week. This is a typical New Year’s goal, but I really need this is my life. I have tried the Keto diet and I think I’m going to do it again. I’m going to try to not give up for 21 days. I also want to do 100 push-ups a week and work up to 100 a day. [I’m so out of shape #yikes]
- Worry less & Be happier. I am such a worrier. I let stuff get to me and sometimes allow certain things to ruin my day. I want less conflict, stress, and worry in 2019. I want to take a step back and think before I start to lose myself in things that are irrelevant.
- Grow closer to God. I want to pray more, read more, and turn to Him about my problems rather than my friends all the time. I also want to be better about thanking Him for all the good He blesses me with daily.
- Positivity. I need to be a more positive person and surround myself with like minded people.
- Work on my attitude and hiding my emotions. I wear my heart on my sleeve. It can be a good and bad thing. When I’m sad, mad, or happy you’re going to know bc I simply can’t hide it. The saying, “fake it until you make it” needs a little more attention this year.
- Figure out what I want in life. I want to find a career I love. I want to find my purpose. I want to live up to my potential. I want to be all happy!
- Trust. I have the hardest time trusting others. I have always had an issue with this.
- Tan. This isn’t a goal, but I know you all saw these pictures and thought “oh wow she needs some fake & bake!”
SO- reading that back, it sounds a tad bit depressing… But I have a lot of goals to better myself in the new year and I hope to do so!
What are your New Year goals?
Sweater: Forever 21 Jeans: Nordstrom Booties: Kendall & Kylie, similar Belt: Gucci Bracelet: Amazon, David Yurman Earrings: Kendra Scott Purse: LV
I know it’s been about 10 years (or so it feels) since y’all have heard from me. Life gets crazy sometimes, ya know? But I’m here to fill y’all in a bit and get back to it!
I graduated college in May and decided to move to Dallas, Texas in August. To be honest, I was so excited to graduate college and start working. My family didn’t want me to move, but I insisted I be independent. I was ready to start a career, do adult things, figure out my life.. ya know like most people plan to do after college. I’m here to tell ya it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. If you’re still in school, stay there forever. Jk, well kinda, but yeah don’t rush it. I have learned so much in the last couple of months living in a big city. I took a step outside of my comfort zone, and I’m so glad I did.
I got busy and put blogging on the back burner. After taking such a big break, I started to miss it. I don’t want to give up something I enjoy. That is just another little thing I learned recently. I have had plenty of time to reflect on my life and caught myself in a lot of deep thought. Am I really just supposed to work for the rest of my life? Like what? What am I going to do? I don’t want to work a miserable job for 30 years. That sounds horrible?? All the works and I’m just not about it. I think I have said, “working just isn’t for me” about a thousand times and I’ve only been working for three months. Tragic, I know. But it’s because I don’t like what I’m doing. 9/10 people aren’t going to like their first job out of college. I need experience to get where I want to be. I may not know exactly what that is yet, but I’m working towards finding out that answer. It is what it is and it’s molding me into who I am. I truly believe you have to make your own mistakes to know exactly what you do want.
I took a job as an Energy Broker and I’ll just go ahead and say, it’s not what I want to do for the rest of my life. I am also doing some Marketing to grow a fashion brand out of New York. It is a luxury brand full of cashmere, luggage, purses, & more. I can’t spill all the details now, but I will with time so stay tuned! I am so excited about this one and what it will bring. I graduated with a degree in Marketing and love fashion, makeup and all the things so why not put it to good use!
Click HERE to shop all my looks through the LiketoKnowit app & don’t forget to follow me 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Top: Express Jeans: SP Black Pink Blazer: TJ Maxx Booties: Steve Madden
Every new year most people reflect on what the past year has brought them, what they want to change, or just how it treated them as a whole. I think every year brings many ups and downs. Some things stand out more than others, and you may reflect on some bad more than good. That’s life. Life would be boring if the same thing happened day in and day out. So, I wanted to write what I’ve learned and maybe it might make you think about what stood out to you in 2017. All of these are in no specific order and are all a little random so bare with me.
- Appreciate the little things. I know it sounds cliche, but it’s so true. Family does mean everything and if you aren’t in tune or getting along with someone, you should try to mend the relationship. This also goes for friends as well.
- Forgiveness is HUGE. God says in Matthew 6:14-15, “For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.” People are going to do wrong to you in this world. That’s a given. It’s how you react to it and treat them in return that matters. If you hold onto that unforgiveness I promise it’s only hurting yourself. You may not want to forgive them bc they did something you can’t fathom someone could possibly do to you and I know how bad it hurts to have someone you love/care about do something to hurt you. BUT no matter how bad you may not want to, try your best bc I promise when you let go of that extra weight you will feel a whole lot better.
- Stepping out of your comfort zone is one of the best things you can do. There’s so much out there, don’t let fear keep you from living a full life. I’m about to be thrown into the adult world… I graduate in 5 months and have to get a real big girl job. That’s scary for most people in my situation and I’ve learned that everyone has to do it. Everyone grows up and finds their way and I shouldn’t feel scared or panic because I know I will be led in the right direction where I’m meant to be.
- Jealousy is the worst emotion. Jealousy will eat you alive and not only that, it brings out the worst parts of you and your other emotions as well. I know it isn’t easy, but trying not to be as jealous is really good for your mental health.
- No matter how hard life gets, it is always worth living. For every reason to give up there are 100 reasons why you shouldn’t give up. Life is ugly and hard, but it’s also beautiful and rewarding, so live it. I hear about young kids and even adults taking their life and it hurts my heart. I know they have so many people that love them. The world has a lot to offer, so live your life, learn some lessons, and become the best person you can be.
- We all need to get better at listening to opinions that we disagree with/dislike. I know it’s hard to sit and listen to someone that you COMPLETELY disagree with. I’ve been there, but I need to be better about my reaction to their opinion and explain mine in a nicer manner.
- Patience. We all need a little more of it.
- Binge watching TV is actually the best thing ever….. RIP to 13 Reasons Why, Making a Murderer, Gossip Girl #XOXO, Stranger Things, Riverdale, This Is Us, Blindspot (currently) #thebest
- Technology is taking over this generation. I mean I realized this before 2017 but it’s still crazy to me. Do y’all agree? Side note- I am not a fan of the iPhone X face recognition. Why is this a thing??
- Smile more. Your mood effects everyone around you and it’s much more enjoyable when everyone is happy.
- Getting in a routine and setting goals for yourself really does help motivate you. I go back and forth of going to the gym at least 5 days a week to skipping for a couple weeks. It’s a cycle.. but life is all about balance, right? It takes 21 days to develop a habit, so think about that before you decide to give up on something you want to achieve!
- Focus on your own path. It’s so easy to be distracted by the shiny exciting things other people are doing. Whether they’re starting a new job, booking a vacation or getting in a new relationship. Be happy for them without allowing it to make you feel bad about your achievements and what you’re doing in your life. Don’t allow it to sway you from your path – stay focused on your goals, which might be (and probably are) totally different from someone else’s.
- Be yourself. I wanted to start a blog for over a year before I actually did. I was afraid of what people might think or say. But who cares. I know people judge me, but I could care less. The people I love and care about support me and that’s all that matters. If people talk bad about you or don’t support something you’re passionate about, then they aren’t your friend. I always say, “People are going to judge you no matter what, so you might as well do what you want.” It’s your life. Do what YOU want.
I hope this post helps you reflect on your 2017 & inspires you to have a better new year, even if it was a great one. Remember you can always be better & practice makes perfect in all aspects of life!
I wish everyone the best in 2018!
My outfit: Jeans: SP Black Top: Darling (purchased at Annie Jewel & Charlie’s) Earrings: Kendra Scott
My sisters outfit: Dress: Gianni Bini, similar here Bracelet: Kendra Scott Shoes: Steve Madden
It’s so crazy my sister is married! She got married on October 29th. The wedding pictures should be coming soon and I will do a post on her wedding! But here are some photos from her wedding shower we held at Wichita Falls Country Club in August. We went with a blush pink and turquoise theme and it turned out so well! Brenna and I are four years apart. Fun fact- we played on the golf team together in college for one year! She was a senior and I was a freshman. Some days were crazy good and some… not the best. But that’s the fun part & that’s what happens when you get 2 sisters on the same team 😉 #sisterlylove But it was a memory we will always have and cherish. SO all of that to say, yes I was the maid of honor. Even with all the last minute stress of planning a wedding shower, we had such a blast. She received so many great gifts and got to meet up with some long distant friends. The cake is all cupcakes! How cute, am I right? It turned out so adorable in the shape of her dress! We played a couple games and of course had bottomless mimosas. [always a good idea]
Games we played:
Bingo Gift Game: as the bride to be opens her gifts you mark off any item she opens that is on the bingo card!
Collect The Rings: Everyone gets a ring as they walk in the door. You are not allowed to say the words- bride, honeymoon, or Brenna. If you hear someone say any of those you take their ring. The person with the most rings at the end wins a prize.
I am so happy for Brenna and can’t wait for all the big things to come! I wish her nothing but love and happiness.
#BrussellSprouts [if you’re reading this sis, I’m sorry ;)]
I hope you enjoyed!